Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) manufacturing involves batch reaction, work-up, distillation, crystallization, hydrogenation, layer, separation, filtration and drying as unit processes. Again, batch reaction involves heating and cooling stages ranging from -50°C to +250°C.
Traditionally, this was being done with multiple utilities such as chilled brine, chilled water, cooling water, hot water, low pressure steam, high pressure steam, thermic fluid etc.
KERONE is pioneer in designing, manufacturing and installation of various types of specialized heating, cooling and drying systems those are designed strictly as per the process requirement of client by our veteran team of engineers. KERONE is well known for the superior quality and advanced technology products, hence we manufacture Traditional Heating & Cooling Systems to advance technology system.
- Different heat transfer fluids (HTFs) may require separate coils, heating and cooling jacket zones or external heat exchangers.
- Time consuming changeover of HTFs and associated risks of human error.
- Cross contamination of HTFs.
- Multiple utilities can corrode the reactor jacket.
- Condensate recovery is not feasible.
- Inefficient management of HTFs leading to inaccurate temperature control.
- Process parameter deviations adversely affect product quality.
- Complicated mechanical design, and Increases capital/maintenance costs.
- Temperature range - 35°c to 250°c with precise temperature control, +/-1°c.
- Rapid heating or cooling, reducing batch time.
- All wetted parts are in stainless steel.
- Totally enclosed skid & mounted on wheels for easy mobility.
- No switching between jacket service fluids, preventing cross- contamination, corrosion or thermal shocks to the vessel.
- Remote control panel with flameproof enclosures (suitable for gas group IIA, IIB)
- Automation System is controlled by PLC system which can be integrated with SCADA
- Accurate temperature control to +/-1°C without risk to your reactor.
- Rapid heating and chilling profiles can be designed, reducing batch times.
- Repeatability and accurate recordable.
- Measurement for meeting FDA requirements.
- Programmable heating and cooling ramps for accurate unsupervised operations.
- No switching between jacket service fluids, preventing cross contamination, corrosion or thermal shocks to the vessel.
- Smooth, continuous temperature control, with no gaps because there is no fluid changeovers.
- No interruption of process and no hot spots, resulting in higher product yields and quality. Off batches are minimized, if not eliminated.
- Savings on expensive raw materials can be made because the yield is maximized without adding excess reactions.
- Suitable for the very cold operating temperatures required by today’s new chemical formulae and reactions.
- Fully automatic capability, hence less manpower required.