Infrared Paper Coating Dryers
With the time process of paper manufacturing have faced tremendous changes both in terms of demand of market with more smoother and glossy paper as external market evolution and the manufacturing process demanded very efficient process economical tools and techniques, efficiency of process could not be calculated without considering the time for processing the paper from raw material to finished glossy coated paper, hence the demand of faster and better production machineries were required. One of the important factors among the Paper coating process it drying of paper coats as the conventional paper coat dryers takes longer time and the drying of paper were not used to be uniform, this demand of industry is answered by the way of Infrared dryers for the application of drying paper coats.
Infrared (IR) dryers use electromagnetic radiating energy just above the visible spectrum to heat the surface of the material under the process, since the heat generated in Infrared (IR) dryers completely depends upon the radiation capacity of surface of material under the process hence the issue of overheating of paper under process gets eliminated unlike in conventional heaters. Infrared in paper coating drying process provides fast and compact solution to the drying process. The IR drying leads to rapid drying of the coating colour to the immobilization point resulting in a predictably uniform coating surface with typically excellent printing characteristics.
Salient features of IR dryers
Advantages of Infrared drying
- Approved by various prestigious installations throughout India.
- Indigenously designed to meet world standards.
- World class, reputed quality infrared emitters are used.
- Steel construction.
- High intensity of IR radiation up to 600 KW / m2.
- Gold or white coated reflectors.
- Quartz built sheet cover which is transparent to infrared radiation protects the emitters from splashes and easily cleanable.
- Air cooling enhances the life of the component.
- Air impingement and exhaust of vapours for increased efficiency.
- Compact, typically 0.5 m in the direction of sheet travel (inclusive of exhaust)
- Immediate 'on' and 'off' switching of emitters or Thyristorized (SCR) power regulator for step less power variation.
- Automatic safety interlocks against breakage in web, machine stoppage, blower failure etc.
- Trained service engineers for service backup.
- Readily available spares.
- High quality of surface coating from quick coating immobilization.
- Negative reduction of scale on initial dryers.
- Simplified sheet movement due to compact infrared dryer.
- Improved porosity.
- Suitable for various requirements.
- Better coverage or less fiber swelling and show through.
- Allows for lower coat weight and more synthetic on the surface coating.
- Decrease in restoration time from sheet breaks or stops.
- More control over process due to fine tuning ability.
- The possibility of web damage during emergency stop gets limited due to instant cooling down ability.
- Quick response to product temperature, speed and moisture variation (if moisture sensor is available) results in enhanced production and invariant quality.
- The waiting time and under processed products gets minimized due to instant 'Switch On'.