Microwave technology is not new in heating/drying industries, the concept of using the microwave for heating and cooking is old enough, however, the application of microwave for drying application is relatively new and gaining huge popularity with the number of features and advantages offered. We, at Kerone are amongst the first few organizations that had started advocating about the advantageous application of microwave drying systems either as supporting systems or full-fledged systems.
What is microwave drying? In simple, words microwave dryers are the dryers that utilize microwave energy, produced by the cavity magnetrons in the form of high-speed electromagnetic waves. When these waves collide with the water molecules within material it energies them and result in the production of heat in very less time. This process of heat generation had gained huge popularity since it generates a massive amount of controlled heat with very lesser input. The amount of heat dissipated is easily controllable with the use of microwaves.
Chemical industries are also not untouched with the advantages that microwave bring in however the adoption rate has been slow due to the nature of chemical material being dried, Chemical powders are temperature sensitive thus, drying situations are primarily dictated by rigorous quality standards. The powder drying process requires liquid or slurry material to be drying through applying heat so that it changes its form and converts to powder by losing water in evaporation.
The chemical powder drying process is usually the last step before it being packed. Most chemical powders are temperature sensitive, hence it required to dry at a lower temperature to avoid degradation. Kerone’s microwave drying system helps to overcome this problem by reducing the moisture content at a lower temperature (80-90°C)without harming any product quality.A significant reduction in drying time in microwave drying is often accompanied by an improvement in product quality, making it a promising drying technology. About,95% of the surfaces of the machine are made of stainless steel. It adopts advanced technologies such as a PLC control system, temperature control system, camera monitoring system, automatic feeding system, and other high-end technologies used.
Feature of Microwave chemical dryer developed by Kerone:
- High-Quality Magnetron manufactured by Panasonic(Japan)/IBF(Germany)/Hitachi (Japan).
- PID Indicator/controller
- RF/MW choke/timer provision
- Stainless steel chamber
- Required electrical & thermal safety features for microwave generator
- Variable frequency (Belt speed control)
- Variable Power output (selectable) up to 100%
- Temperature Control
- Controls can be Custom built specifically to your environment, target substances.
- Operation panel that is full of ease.
- Design that helps for safe and easy operation and maintenance.
- Minimized radio field leakage, made to international standards.
- Pre-programmable Timer on the display for added ease and to avoid losses due to excess heating.
Advantages of using Microwave:
- The microwave heating process is clean and no emission of any gases or residuals.
- Microwave heat penetrates both on the surface as well as internally within the object placed for the Treatment.
- The high speed of heating reduces the total time of processing.
- The microwave heating process is highly controllable.
- The workspace requirement is very less.
- Best drying results are achieved as healing takes place from within the material.
- The cost of production with microwave dryers are lesser than airflow or direct heat transfer based dryers.
Kerone’s Chemical power dryers are highly customizable and configurable:
- Microwave Power: Adjustable but commonly range from 0-60kw.
- Dimension: 100% customizable
- Width of Belt: 100% customizable depending on the material to be carried
- Height of Hopper input material:Customized but might range from 150~50mm
- Working Frequency: 2450MHz±50Hz can be customized with the type of Magnetron
- Working Temperature: Vary based on the material to be dried, ~5~55oC
- Control Method: PLC and advanced touch panel
- Conveyor Speed: Adjustable
We at KERONE have experience of 40+ years in helping the industries with their heating needs, as drying in chemical industries are very important and critical step hence type of heat treatment and selection of the proper drying system is very critical, we at KERONE is have a team of experts to help you with your need of microwave-based drying system from our wide experience. For any query write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.kerone.com.