New technology and technically advanced systems and process machineries will be any time better than the traditional processes, this has been common perspective of the everyone and the same is not wrong too. However, there has been the cases where you might find new age technology has been lagged in performance over technically/technologically improved traditional systems, though the proportion is less but this is reality. Advancing to new age technology such as IR (Infrared) or microwave heating/drying are always an appreciable decision. These new age heating, there are not very new have significantly large number of successful installations up and running, have proved that these technologies have plethora advantages over others few of them are:
- Easy to operate
- Highly controllable
- Low turnaround time
- Low/No warm-up lag
- High efficiency
- Low Emission/ heat loss
- Can take benefit of AI, iOT and ML
- Precise heating and control
- And Many more.
All above advantages/benefits are very provoking to get rid-off you existing conventional heater and have these new heating systems installed that will give best quality product in no time. This is great thought but not very true for every type of application and process need, what we appeal as customer centric organization is important to stop for a while to ponder about few of the critical points:
- What advantages will the new technology heaters/dryers will bring along in my current process?
- Will it help in reducing the total processing cycle time, even if yes how much?
- What will be the type of materials to be processed?
- What is the physical, physiochemical property, absorptivity, Size, Microstructure and Optical Properties of material?
- Will the material able to respond to IR or Microwave radiation in best way?
- Can the existing heating/drying system be used?
- What if we use new systems as extension to existing one?
- What will be the space requirement for the new installation?
- Can we have new improved version of traditional giving better results?
There might be thousands of more such questions or concerns that can arise in your mind if you think of such changes. But the first and foremost important aspect is material that needs to be processed and desired quality of output in association with the time to process. Key things could be:
- Structure of material
- Radio Activeness
- Absorbing capability
- Scattering capacity
- Size of particle within the material
- Microstructure of material
- Thickness, chemical properties
- Refraction and reflection capacity
The approach is to get sample of material processed in similar environment as of yours, in different type of heating/drying system. If you are looking for any of such then reach out to Kerone’s, KeroneResearch and Development lab dedicate to help its customers with best solution test before making any decision. Reach out to us for getting you samples tested before making final decision.