Energy conservation is that the practice of decreasing the amount of energy used for constant quality and quantity of Output. it should be achieved through economical energy use, in which case energy use is decreased whereas achieving an identical outcome, or by reduced consumption of energy services.
Energy conservation leads to increase of economic capital, environmental worth, national security, personal security, and human comfort. People and organizations that are direct shoppers of energy might want to conserve energy so as to reduce energy costs and promote economic security. Industrial and commercial users might want to increase potency and so maximize profit.
- Energy Conservation includes any behavior that results in the use of less energy.
- Focuses on Behavior of People
- One example is using Daylight through window rather than turning on the Lights.
- Energy Efficiency involves the use of Technology that requires less energy to perform the same function.
- Focuses on the Equipment or Machinery being used.
- One example is installing LED Light Bulbs for the Street Lights.
- Renewable Energy is the energy obtained from sources that are essentially inexhaustible.
- Focuses on the resources such as Wind, Solar, and Geo-Thermal. One example is installing Solar Power Plant.
In any industry, the three prime operational costs are typically found to be Energy (both electrical and thermal), Labor and Materials. Among the 3, energy has the best potential for value reduction. To attain and maintain Optimum Energy procurance and Utilization, throughout the Organization. To reduce Energy prices / waste while not affecting Production & Quality to reduce Environmental Effects.
Industrial Sector uses both, the Thermal and Electrical energy in various Equipment like Boilers Compressors Furnaces Diesel Generating engines Motors Pumps Refrigeration etc.
Tips for Electrical Energy Saving
- Improve Power issue by putting in capacitors to reduce KVA demand charges and conjointly line losses among the plant.
- Improvement of power factor from 0.85 to 0.96 will give 11.5% reduction of peak KVA and 21.6% reduction in peak losses.
- Avoid repeated rewinding of motors. Observations show that rewound motors practically have an efficiency loss of Upto 5%. This is mainly due to increase in no load losses.
- Use of variable frequency drives and fluid couplings for variable speed applications such as fans, pumps etc. helps in minimizing consumption.
The electric motors are utilized to give motive power to equipment like compressors, pumps, blowers, etc. it’s necessary that the economic users define their want accurately to modify correct choice of a motor for a selected application. Of the entire electricity consumed within the industrial sector, electrical motors account for roughly 70%.
- The motors should be energy efficient.
- Convert delta to star connection for lightly loaded motors.
- Install variable voltage frequency (VVVF) drives for speed control of motors.
- Install multi speed motor.
Tips for Thermal energy saving
- Undertake regular energy audits.
- Plug all oil leakage as leakage of one drop of oil per second amounts to a loss of over 2000 liters/year.
- Filter oil in stages. Impurities in oil affect combustion.
- Incomplete combustion leads to wastage of fuel. Observe the color of smoke emitted from chimney. Black smoke indicates improper combustion and fuel wastage. White smoke indicates excess air and hence loss of heat. Hazy brown smoke indicates proper combustion.
- The maintenance in plant should follow the “zero leaks” philosophy, particularly in the areas of steam and utilities so that loss of energy could be totally eliminated.
Renewable energy is that the energy obtained from sources that are primarily inexhaustible like sun and wind. A renewable energy system converts the energy found in sunlight, wind, falling-water, sea-waves, geothermal heat, or biomass into a type, we are able to use like heat or electricity.
Different examples of renewable energy are:
- Solar Energy
- Wind Energy
- Hydro Power
- Biomass Geo-Thermal
Energy Audit: Energy Audit suggests that the Verification, monitoring and Analysis of use of Energy as well as submission of technical report containing recommendations for rising Energy efficiency with cost profit analysis and an action attempt to reduce energy consumption.
- Preliminary Energy Audit
- Detailed Energy Audit
We at KERONE have a team of experts to help you with your need for energy conservation techniques in various products range from our wide experience.